Heavy Truck – Load Check B
Overview: Computes Straight Truck, Bus or other non-articulated Vehicle axle weights and three-axis center of gravity based on information about vehicle and load (Bill of Lading or passenger manifest).
Entry into Module:
This module of the program is normally entered by clicking on the REC-TEC block in the upper left of the REC-TEC Window causing the drop-down menu to appear. Place the cursor on the Heavy Truck block and click on Load Check B on the sub-menu to initiate this module.
Under certain circumstances, the user may choose to use the Files block instead of the drop-down menu approach. Selecting any file with an .LCB extension in the Dialog box accessed from either the Open Single File or Open Multiple Files block opens this module.
Selecting AutoLoad [ON] from either the Setup Menu or the AutoLoad Icon on the upper right side (third line) of the REC-TEC Window automatically loads the two-vehicle scenario that was on the screen when the module was closed, either individually, or when the program was closed. With AutoLoad [OFF] on the main REC-TEC Window, modules will start without loading a file.
This module contains the following data entry blocks:
· Length: Overall Length of Truck/Bus – (Computed from Input Values)
· Height: Overall Height of Truck/Bus – (Computed from Input Values)
· Wheelbase: – Wheelbase of Truck/Bus
· Front-SA: – Distance from the Front of the Vehicle to the Steer Axle
· Front-cBx: – Distance from the Front of Vehicle to the Front of Cargo Box
· Drive Axles: – Number of Drive Axles
· Tire Radius: – Distance from the Center of the Axle to the Road Surface
· Trk CG (Lng): – Distance (Longitudinal) from the Front to the CG (Truck/Bus)
· Trk CG (Ver): – Distance (Vertical) from the Road Surface to the CG (Truck/Bus)
· Trk Weight: – Weight of the Empty Truck/Bus
· Length-cBx: – Overall Length of Truck/Bus
· Height-cBx: – Overall Height of Truck/Bus
· Width-cBx: – Overall Width of Truck/Bus
· Trk (hBed): – Bed Height of Truck/Bus
Load – Note: When inputting the Load information:
1. Disregard the Total number of Loads in Loads (#) – it should be 1 at the start. To delete all loads, enter a Zero (0) for Total number of Loads
2. If necessary, Click the Right (or Left) Arrow button at Current (#) to bring up the (next) appropriate Load number in the Current Load box (Start with Load # 1)
3. After entering all of the data for the Load, click on the DO button
4. Go to Step 2 until you have entered information for all of the Loads
If the Graphics are not displayed, Click on Graphics
· Loads (#): – Number of Individual Loads
· Current (#): – Number of Current Load (Enter or use Arrows to Change)
· Height (Ver): – Vertical Height of Current Load
· Length (Lng): – Longitudinal Length of Current Load
· Depth (Lat): – Lateral Depth of Current Load
· Weight: – Weight of Current Load
· CG% (Btm): – Location of CG from Bottom of Current Load
· CG% (Frt): – Location of CG from Front of Current Load
· CG% (Lft): – Location of CG from Left Side of Current Load
· Lng (X): – Longitudinal Distance: Front of Truck/Bus to Front of Current Load
· Lat (Y): – Lateral Distance: Left of Truck/Bus to Left of Current Load
· Vrt (Z): – Vertical Distance: Bottom of Truck/Bus to Bottom of Current Load
The output from this module consists a graphics screen showing a side view of the Truck/Bus and an overhead view of the Bed of the Truck/Bus showing the placement of the individual Loads (1-99) and their individual weights.
Data displayed on the screen includes:
· Empty Weight – Empty Weight of Truck/Bus
· Load Weight – Load Weight
· Total Weight – Combined Weight of Truck/Bus and Load
· Load CG(lng) – Longitudinal Position of Entire Load from Front of Truck/Bus
· Load CG(vrt) – Vertical Position of Entire Load
· Load CG(lat) – Lateral Position of Entire Load from Left of Truck/Bus
Truck/Bus + Load CG Position
· TK +L CG(lng) – Longitudinal Position of Truck/Bus +Load from Front of Truck/Bus
· TK +L CG(vrt) – Vertical Position of Truck/Bus +Load
· TK +L CG(lat) – Lateral Position of Truck/Bus + Load from Left of Truck/Bus
· SA Weight – Weight on Steer Axle
· RA Weight – Weight on Rear Axle(s)
· Total Weight – Total Weight of Vehicle
CG Markers – Toggles CG lines on the Graphics display
Several Command Buttons appear in a frame located at the lower right corner of the module Window. The Command Buttons allow the user to engage options including the option to Open and Save the data required to generate the scenario shown on the screen at the time the file was saved.
· Open .LCB File – Calls up a Dialog box, which Opens any pre-existing .LCB file and displays the output results.
· Save .LCB File – Calls up a Dialog box, which Saves data on the screen to files with any user-selectable filenames. This is independent of the automatic saving as “LastFile.LCB” of the data at the close of this module or the close of the program.
· Graphics – Toggles a Graphic display showing the Load configuration on the vehicle as well as the output data including the Weights on the Axles.
· Adjustments – Displays Adjustment bars allowing the Vehicles to be scaled and repositioned on the screen preventing interference with Output data.
· N – This button toggles a graphical number pad on the screen that can be used to enter data into the input boxes without using your keyboard number pad. This may be useful for presentations as data entry can be accomplished using a wired/wireless mouse.