Miscellaneous – Rotation Factor
Overview: Computes an approximate deceleration adjustment factor for a vehicle in rotation.
Entry into Module:
This module of the program is normally entered by clicking on the REC-TEC block in the upper left of the REC-TEC Window causing the drop-down menu to appear. Place the cursor on the Miscellaneous block and click on Rotation Factor on the sub-menu to initiate this module.
Under certain circumstances, the user may choose to use the Files block instead of the drop-down menu approach. Selecting any file with a .ROT extension in the Dialog box accessed from either the Open Single File or Open Multiple Files block opens this module.
Selecting AutoLoad [ON] from either the Setup Menu or the AutoLoad Icon on the upper right side (third line) of the REC-TEC Window automatically loads the scenario that was on the screen when the module was closed, either individually, or when the program was closed. With AutoLoad [OFF] on the main REC-TEC Window, modules will start without loading a file.
This module contains the following data entry blocks within the leftmost frame:
· Initial Heading Angle – Vehicle is always traveling Left to Right (0 Degrees)
· Final Heading Angle – Vehicle is always traveling Left to Right (0 Degrees)
· Number of Rotations – Number of Complete Rotations
· (Button) Clockwise Rotation
· (Button) Counter-Clockwise Rotation
· Left Rear – Steer Angle of Wheel
· Left Front – Steer Angle of Wheel
· Right Front – Steer Angle of Wheel
· Right Rear – Steer Angle of Wheel
· Left Rear – % Lockup / % Weight
· Left Front – % Lockup / % Weight
· Right Front – % Lockup / % Weight
· Right Rear – % Lockup / % Weight
The output from this module consists of the repeated input variables plus the Rotation Factor.
Several Command Buttons appear in a frame located at the lower right corner of the module Window. The Command Buttons allow the user to engage options including the option to Open and Save the data required to generate the scenario shown on the screen at the time the file was saved.
· Open .ROT File – Calls up a Dialog box, which Opens any pre-existing .ROT file and displays the output results.
· Save .ROT File – Calls up a Dialog box, which Saves data on the screen to files with any user-selectable filenames. This is independent of the automatic saving as “LastFile.ROT” of the data at the close of this module or the close of the program.
· Formulae – Opens a word processor (set by the user in Setup) with a file showing the basic formulae used in this module of the program. While the user may add to or modify the information in this file, it does not change the formulae imbedded into the program.
· Animation – The display shows the Vehicle rotating through the complete rotation value entered and shows the Instantaneous and Average Rotation Factor digitally and on an Analog graphic. [Esc] to Exit
· View File – Displays the file produced by the module showing the values computed at each degree of rotation throughout the entire rotation.
· N – This button toggles a graphical number pad on the screen that can be used to enter data into the input boxes without using your keyboard number pad. This may be useful for presentations as data entry can be accomplished using a wired/wireless mouse.