Overview: Computes detailed information on a Triangle defined by three sides or side/angle information.
Entry into Module:
This module of the program is entered by clicking on the REC-TEC block in the upper left of the REC-TEC Window causing the drop-down menu to appear. Place the cursor and click on Triangle Solver to initiate this module.
This module contains the following Input blocks within the leftmost frame:
Triangle Solver – Input (3 of 6)
· Angle a – Angle opposite Side A
· Angle b – Angle opposite Side B
· Angle c – Angle opposite Side C
· Side A – Side opposite Angle a
· Side B – Side opposite Angle b
· Side C – Side opposite Angle c
· Triangle Height
· Perimeter (A+B+C)
· Area (.5*Base*Height)
· C1 (Pt. H to Pt. 1)
· C2 (Pt. H to Pt. 2)
· Inscribed Radius
· Circumscribed Radius
· Centroid (X)
· Centroid (Y)
· Angle a – Deg:, Sin:, Cos:, Tan:, Rad:
· Angle b – Deg:, Sin:, Cos:, Tan:, Rad:
· Angle c – Deg:, Sin:, Cos:, Tan:, Rad:
· Angle C1 – Deg:, Sin:, Cos:, Tan:, Rad:
· Angle C2 – Deg:, Sin:, Cos:, Tan:, Rad:
· Angle abc – Deg:, Sin:, Cos:, Tan:, Rad:
Graphic Toggles to show:
· Generic Triangle with Descriptions
· Scale Diagram with Centroid
· Open .TRI File – Calls up a Dialog box, which Opens any pre-existing .TRI file and displays the output results.
· Save .TRI File – Calls up a Dialog box, which Saves data on the screen to files with any user-selectable filenames. This is independent of the automatic saving as “LastFile.TRI” of the data at the close of this module or the close of the program.
· N – This button toggles a graphical number pad on the screen that can be used to enter data into the input boxes without using your keyboard number pad. This may be useful for presentations as data entry can be accomplished using a wired/wireless mouse.