Heavy Truck – Weight and Balance
Overview: Computes axle weights and center of gravity for Articulated Vehicles based on information about Tractor, Trailer and Load.
Entry into Module:
This module of the program is normally entered by clicking on the REC-TEC block in the upper left of the REC-TEC Window causing the drop-down menu to appear. Place the cursor on the Heavy Truck block and click on Weight and Balance on the sub-menu to initiate this module.
Under certain circumstances, the user may choose to use the Files block instead of the drop-down menu approach. Selecting any file with a .WAB extension in the Dialog box accessed from either the Open Single File or Open Multiple Files block opens this module.
Selecting AutoLoad [ON] from either the Setup Menu or the AutoLoad Icon on the upper right side (third line) of the REC-TEC Window automatically loads the two-vehicle scenario that was on the screen when the module was closed, either individually, or when the program was closed. With AutoLoad [OFF] on the main REC-TEC Window, modules will start without loading a file.
This module contains the following data entry blocks:
Weight and Balance
· Tractor Weight – Weight of Tractor
· Steer Axle-CG – Distance: Steer Axle to CG of Tractor
· Steer Axle-5W – Distance: Steer Axle to Fifth Wheel
· Steer Axle-DA – Distance: Steer Axle to Drive Axle (Center of Duals)
· Kingpin-TA – Distance: Kingpin to Trailer Axle (Center of Duals)
· Trailer Weight – Weight of Trailer Only
· Load Weight – Weight of Load
· Kingpin-CG(T) – Distance: Kingpin to CG of Trailer
· Kingpin-CG(L) – Distance: Kingpin to CG of Load
Option 2A & 2B
· Kingpin Weight (2A) – Weight on Kingpin
· Kingpin - LG (2B) – Distance: Kingpin to Landing Gear
· LG Weight (2B) – Weight on Landing Gear
Required (2A & 2B)
· TL Axle Weight – Weight on Trailer Axle
· Axle Weights
o Steer Axle
o Drive Axle
o Trailer Axle
· Component Weights
o Trailer Axle
· Center of Gravity Locations
o Kingpin to CG (Trailer & Load)
o Steer Axle to Combined CG (T/T+L)
Several Command Buttons appear in a frame located at the lower right corner of the module Window. The Command Buttons allow the user to engage options including the option to Open and Save the data required to generate the scenario shown on the screen at the time the file was saved.
· Open .WAB File – Calls up a Dialog box, which Opens any pre-existing .WAB file and displays the output results.
· Save .WAB File – Calls up a Dialog box, which Saves data on the screen to files with any user-selectable filenames. This is independent of the automatic saving as “LastFile.WAB” of the data at the close of this module or the close of the program.
· Graphics – Toggles a Graphic display showing the applicable components: Tractor, Load Trailer (with or without Landing Gear and the Complete Unit. [Esc] to Exit
· Formulae – Opens a word processor (set by the user in Setup) with a file showing the basic formulae used in this module of the program. While the user may add to or modify the information in this file, it does not change the formulae imbedded into the program.
· N – This button toggles a graphical number pad on the screen that can be used to enter data into the input boxes without using your keyboard number pad. This may be useful for presentations as data entry can be accomplished using a wired/wireless mouse.